Date:      Mon, 26 Feb 1996 18:56:42 -0800
From:      carloss2@ix.netcom.com (Carlos Smith )
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD crashes... Help?

Mr Technician Guru,

I have FreeBSD 2.1.

I've installed it several times with the same result...it crashes
every time I run X WIndows and leave just a screensaver on. It freezes
everytime and the only way to recover it is by turning it off and on
again.

I have done the -c at booting and deleted all the devices that were not
pressent and others causing conflicts.
I did configure X windows with the videocard I have (Diamond Stealth 64
Video) It runs but it crashes. Can you suggest where can I go for help?

The machine is a Penitum 120 Mhz, with 16 Mb RAm and 512 cache.

Also after installing, the machine does not "see" the cdrom. What is
the right way to make the system "find" the cdrom again?

Thanks in advance,

Carlos Smith