Date:      Tue, 27 Feb 1996 19:14:32 -0600
From:      Jim Lowe <james@miller.cs.uwm.edu>
To:        kimc@w8hd.org
Cc:        brian@easy1.mediacity.com, freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.org, multimedia@rah.star-gate.com
Subject:   Re:  have vat partly working

> From: Kim Culhan <kimc@w8hd.org>
> Subject: have vat partly working
>
> I can hear the tone generator but the mic audio does not work.
>
> The problem appears to be the configuration of the /devs
>
> Below the 'play' button and above the meter the device reads: /dev/pcaudio
> The above tone is directed out the pc speaker.. hmm not surprising.
>
> On the record side that space is blank and clicking on the record box
> does not cause it to latch on.

I take it you are talking about vmix.  I think you probably want
a ~/.vmix.tcl file to change your defaults.  You can also type in
the boxes where it reads: /dev/pcaudio.  I would use one of the
following:

# Pas card
#option add Vmix.recordDev                       "/dev/dsp0"
#option add Vmix.playDev                         "/dev/dsp1"
#option add Vmix.recordRate			8116
# Gus card
option add Vmix.recordDev                       "/dev/dsp1"
option add Vmix.playDev                         "/dev/dsp0"
option add Vmix.recordRate			8230
option add Vmix.voxMixerDev			"/dev/mixer0"

If you are using a SB card, then you will need something
different yet...

	-Jim