Date:      Sun, 10 Mar 1996 00:30:09 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        adam@veda.is
Cc:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PATCH_PRFX in bsd.port.mk

 * This looks like a very good idea, simple, elegant and even more generic.
 * DISTDIR_SUFX or DISTFILES_SUBDIR would probably be a better variable name,
 * I prefer the latter.

You're right, DISTDIR_PRFX makes no sense at all. ;)

I starting writing the patch with DISTFILES_SUBDIR but that overflows
way too many lines in bsd.port.mk, so I used DIST_SUBDIR, I hope that
is clear enough.

The new bsd.port.mk is now committed.  Modifications to ports'
Makefiles will follow shortly.

Satoshi