Date:      Mon, 11 Mar 1996 05:10:47 -0800 (PST)
From:      asami@cs.berkeley.edu (Satoshi Asami)
To:        garth@dogbert.systems.sa.gov.au
Cc:        torstenb@FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ssh port update

 * Here's a quick port for the latest version of ssh.  It's essentially the
 * same as the 1.2.10 port but with the patches stripped out -- they failed to
 * apply to the new ssh distribution and didn't seem to be necessary.  If
 * they're necessary, you'll need to hack them back in.  Sorry.

There already is a 1.2.13 port in ports-current, can you please take a
look at that one?  It seems to be working fine here, I don't know what
changed between 1.2.10 and 1.2.13 though.

 * The old port doesn't work now -- the old ssh 1.2.10 archive has vanished
 * from ftp.freebsd.org, the mirrors, and all of the ssh mirror sites I tried.
 * If it hadn't been for that, I probably wouldn't have hacked his meagre
 * offering together.

By the way, I don't think it ever was on ftp.freebsd.org, we generally
avoid carrying things that might put us in legal trouble. ;)

Satoshi