Date:      Thu, 21 Mar 1996 10:34:14 +0100 (MET)
From:      J Wunsch <j@uriah.heep.sax.de>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD-current users)
Subject:   Re: perl4

As Tony Kimball wrote:

>    You're saying you're willing to re-write all of the offending
>    utilities in C, including the test scripts for xntpd and sendmail?
>
> Do the test scripts really need to be part of the base OS?

Btw., you've only checked for installed scripts.  Do also check out
the Makefiles.  I know that i've been using ``perl -e'' in some of the
Makefiles myself.

I don't believe removing Perl is an option.  And, we aren't the only
system that ships Perl as part of the base system.  I remember Data
General having it as well, most likely others too.

--
cheers, J"org