Date:      Mon, 25 Mar 1996 22:45:49 -0330 (NST)
From:      Adam Migus <amigus@cs.mun.ca>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Development Information.

Hi,
	A friend and i have considered attempting a port of the second extended
filesystem to BSD.  I have looked into this briefly and it doesn't look to
be a simple task but we are willing to try.  I do want/need some infornmation
though.

1. Is there any kernel hacking documentation outlining the layout of kernel
   sources etc.  If so where may i find it.
2. Is there any documentation specific to developing an LKM under FreeBSD,
   since our intention is to do that.

In general do you have any documentation/suggestions/infornmation that you
feel we should have to aid us.  Anything would be appreciated.

Thanks.
|      Adam Migus  amigus@cs.mun.ca           |
|      Computer Science, Memorial University  |