Date:      Wed, 24 Apr 1996 15:34:07 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        count@key.hole.fi (Bror 'Count' Heinola)
Cc:        davidg@Root.COM, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: MotherBoard Jumper Settings...

> 	AFAIK, DX/4-100 CPU's run only at 3x33MHz _or_ 2x50MHz mode
> 	which should be jumper selectable on the motherboard. At least
> 	all motherboards (and CPU's, two AMD's and one Intel) have
> 	worked like that.

I haven't seen a 2x50... I would like to.

I have a motherboard with a 50 (not clock doubled) with a 50Mhz
memory bus, which I intentionally hot-purchased over spec hardware
for to run the EISA bus at 50MHz.

It has been working fine for about 3 years now; I'd consider
DX2/100 as an upgrade... the DX4/100's run the memory and bus too
damn slow for me; IMO, L2 cache is near-worthless on anything with
a clock tripler (or worse!) for external bus access.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.