Date:      Tue, 28 May 1996 10:10:36 +0200
From:      Martin Ostermann <ost@comnets.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Ist there a way to easily reconstruct partition/slice tables?

Hi,

last night I cleared the first few blocks on my FreeBSD disk. It had
nothing particular important on it, which wasn't backup'd, but
contained some configuration data that would take me a while to
restore.

Is it possible to automatically identify the beginning and endings of
the UFS file systems, and thus construct a new partition table or
label? It doesn't need to be perfect, just enough to copy the relevant
information.

Thanks for any hints, Martin
--
Martin Ostermann                | mailto:ost@comnets.rwth-aachen.de