Date:      Thu, 8 Aug 1996 09:06:02 +0200 (MET)
From:      "Jesus A. Mora Marin" <amora@obelix.cica.es>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   troubles with vi in telnet session

Hi,

This may sound a very stupid question, but I am really stuck. I have installed
FreeBSD 2.2 SNAP-960323 on a machine at work. To do something profitable I
telnet to another system running Unixware. I run into trouble when try to
edit any file with `vi(1)': it doesn't want to scroll the text and simply
overwrites the new line at bottom. I have tried changing TERM, using new termcap
entries from both the remote system and Linux, and messing with `vi' settings,
but no luck. May I have missed any point?
Any hint would be highly appreciated. TIA.

					Jesus A. Mora
					amora@obelix.cica.es