Date:      Thu, 22 Aug 1996 08:34:41 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Mark Tinguely <tinguely@plains.nodak.edu>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG, nirva@ishiboo.com
Subject:   Re: Matrox Meteor errors

>  ...  I have it
>  working almost flawlessly using sync mode on the meteor and
>  MIT SHM for the display. Except, it flashes or goes corrupt
>  when I get these error on console:
>
>  meteor0: capture error: odd FIFO overflow.

you have a video card, Matrox capture, Buslogic and Adaptec SCSI on the
PCI bus. maybe you need to adjust your PCI Latency to make sure the Meteor
gets better service?

>  Also, I have nasty problem when using a package I found called
>  nv. The system just freezes when I increase the bandwidth or
>  keep it running for a long period of time (a few minutes).

Eeek, I haven't seen this since the Nepture PCI chipset. Maybe try changing
the latency, and/or even removing the buslogic adapter.

--mark.