Date:      Wed, 11 Sep 1996 16:20:46 -1001
From:      richard@pegasus.com (Richard Foulk)
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   security proxy?

I'm having problems accessing Java sites.

I have Netscape 3.0 running on FBSD 2.1.5 talking through a CERN proxy
on another machine.  Everything works fine except Java applets which
Netscape reports numerous security violations for.  Some simple Java
applets do work.

Is the Netscape proxy required to make this stuff work or did I just
miss something?  Netscape's Manual Proxy Configuration menu lists a
Security Proxy which I've set to the same thing as the other entries.

Is there a freeware proxy that will handle this?

Thanks

Richard