Date:      Sat, 12 Oct 1996 18:31:22 -0400
From:      TURLOUGH FITZPatric <106154.3334@compuserve.com>
To:        freebsd <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   sio1 not found

Hi there,

I have a problem getting com2 recognised by the system. I took the settings
from the windows setup and tried them on freebsd. At bootup sio0 is
recognised but it says sio1 not found. I have it set up properly(I think)
in the config:
device sio1 at isa? port "IO_COM2" tty int3 vector siointtr

I have an internal modem hooked up to com2 but it should recognise it
anyway shouldnt it?
I am running 2.1R.
I have tried a couple of other things to try and get it recognised but
nothing does it.

I would appreciate any help anybody might have.

Thanks,
turlough.