Date:      Tue, 22 Oct 1996 11:51:14 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bill/Carolyn Pechter <pechter@shell.monmouth.com>
To:        nadav@barcode.co.il (Nadav Eiron)
Cc:        freebsd-chat@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Making a DOS Partition writeable

> There is a commercial DOS software package called PartitionMagic (see
> http://www.powerquest.com) that costs about $50 and can edit partitions
> without reformatting (it can shrink/expand DOS and HPFS partition and
> move around many other types of partitions, though not FreeBSD yet -
> maybe someone shoul talk to them as they support linux and SCO
> partiotions). I never had a problem with it, and it is highly
> recommended if you find yourself repartitioning disks often (once a year
> is often enough for me).

Are you sure the size linux partitions -- or just recognize them in the
screen.

I've used the program on OS/2 HPFS and DOS FAT with great success -- but
it occasionally gives the same error message on mounting the resized partition
that they're seeing with FIPS. (this is with v2.03)...

Bill

 Bill Pechter/Carolyn Pechter  | 17 Meredith Drive, Tinton Falls, NJ 07724,
 908-389-3592                  | pechter@shell.monmouth.com
 This message brought to you by the letters VAX and the numbers 11 and 780.