Date:      Fri, 25 Oct 1996 15:50:48 +0930 (CST)
From:      Michael Smith <msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        rgrimes@GndRsh.aac.dev.com (Rodney W. Grimes)
Cc:        msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, sysseh@devetir.qld.gov.au, hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Setting up an actively terminated SCSI chain.

Rodney W. Grimes stands accused of saying:

> All correct except for one small detail, also make sure the baracuda is
> suppling termination power on it's own.  It is best to have the term
> power supplied by the closests device since term power over the scsi
> cable will invariable have noise on it caused by mutual induction
> and capacitative coupling in the cable itself.

Heh, I must be getting better then 8)  I answered that one in some
follow-on mail on the subject - I should have mentioned it up front.

Personally though I'd have been more worried about the inductance of the
relatively thin wire in the ribbon than mutual inductance, given that
there are ground conductors either side of TERMPWR.  Regardless, it's
the best way to go.

--
]] Mike Smith, Software Engineer        msmith@gsoft.com.au.au          [[