Date:      Mon, 28 Oct 1996 10:28:39 -0800
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        Archie Cobbs <archie@whistle.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: multi-cast + proxy arp ?

Actually, ppp should be able to route the ip multicast packets if it doesn't
it should be fixed. I know that slip support ip multicast.

The problem that I see is if you depend on IP Multicast traffic on your
sub-net is that you will get flooded ( I am assuming that you have
a 28.8 modem connection however even with ISDN it can still be
a problem)
So this pretty much leaves two solutions:

run rtp gateway on your remote site and aimed the traffic to your
local system or get a different subnet for your remote site
and run mrouted. In any event you probably want to run the rtp gateway
to throttle the traffic. You can get rtp gateway from:

ftp://rah.star-gate.com:/pub/rtpgwsrc-1.0a18.tar.gz

	Enjoy,
	Amancio