Date:      Sat, 7 Dec 1996 11:03:52 -0800
From:      "Jin Guojun[ITG]" <jin@george.lbl.gov>
To:        phk@critter.tfs.com
Cc:        freebsd-atm@freebsd.org, pete@sms.fi
Subject:   Re: ATM drivers

:>> > If you have difficulty to get FreeBSD driver from Zeitnet support, you may
:>> > ask them for the permission to get the driver from me, and you can get an
:>> > adapter from them. (Do not ask them for the source code permission).
:>> >
:>>I'm fully aware of that. I'd like to know if the driver for FreeBSD2.2
:>>will or is supporting LANE1.0? I've been looking for a card to put
:>>into powerful PC-based unix servers that would support LANE with
:>>SVC's. Linux does not count as powerful in my vocabulary.
:>>
:>>Pete
:>
:>Absolutely. That is why it is a formal-commercial release. PVC, SVC, ILMI, and
:>SPAN are all supported. I think leave the PVC in the code will not reduce
:>the performance, and give some flexibility for some dummy networks (switches).
:
:Hmm, is there a TAXI (100 Mbit/sec) version of their card ?

TAXI is FORE preparatory staff. No one else uses it. Now the standard is OC-3,
and the newer one is OC-12.

-Jin