Date:      Tue, 17 Dec 1996 23:32:42 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Brian T. Schellenberger - Personal Account" <babbleon@mercury.interpath.com>
To:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Hardware)
Subject:   CD-ROM trouble reports?

I have a PROSTAR 9400 laptop on which I've never been able to get the CD-ROM
to work properly.  (See my home page fo some more details.)

I only occaisonally tune into the newsgroups and what-not, but I understand
that somebody is soliciting such info, and I've added lots of debug code
that shows inb and outb values, and such-like, and will be happy to do all
they want, including providing a copy of the MS-DOS driver, if somebody wants
to look at these.

(It's a Oak Technologies DOS driver, which makes me suspect IDE/ATAPI since
that's what their home page says that they do, but they wont' answer my
e-mail queries for details.)

Anyway, is there somebody I should communicate with about this?

Thanks.

--
Brian T. Schellenberger, the Man from Babble-On.

"Someday I'll get around to importing all the cool quotes from my other
account's .sig files."      http://mercury.interpath.com/~babbleon