Date:      Tue, 14 Jan 1997 11:38:51 -0600 (CST)
From:      David Slavik <valgar@cu-online.com>
To:        freebsd-install@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Write Failure on install

I'm install freeBSD 2.1.5 onto a dual drive system with NT4.0 and Win95
already loaded. the second drive (a Maxtor 3.5gig) is completely free
. The boot drive (a seagate 1.275gig) has NT4 and win95 plus misc.
files using up about 900 megs of space.
I attempted to install freeBSD to the Maxtor drive, I set aside about
2gigs for the bsd partition, I copied the /dist files (all of em) to the c:
drive, then ran install from the cd-rom (a hitachi 4x speed, not supported once
BSD loaded). Install proceeded smoothly until I got to the actual file
copying phase. When It began to copy the dist files it would get about 100-200kk
of the initial /dist/bin then give me this error
Write Failure On Transfer
(wrote -1 bytes of 1024 bytes)
It continued to do this for all the other /dists I had chosen, it would copy
about 200k of each /dist then give the same error.
Thus the installation aborted when it couldn't load the kernel.
It did go so far as to install the bootmanager...but now all that does is provide
me with another menu on boot up...