Date:      Thu, 30 Jan 1997 13:43:04 -0600 (CST)
From:      Stephen M West <swest@cs.tamu.edu>
To:        questions@freeBSD.org
Cc:        swest@cs.tamu.edu (Stephen M West), mmehta@cs.tamu.edu (Miten Navnitrai Mehta)
Subject:   Using trpt and tcp_trace

Hi,

I am getting the following error when I try to run trpt:

   trpt: /kernel: no namelist

I have looked at the man page for trpt and it has a short description of the
"no namelist" diagnostic which states:

   no namelist
       When the system image doesn't contain the proper symbols to find
       the trace buffer; others which should be self explanatory.

What I am unclear of is how to fix it so that trpt is able to find the trace
buffer.

I am logged in as the root, and I have a program running which sets the
SO_DEBUG option for the connection I am interestd in.  What else is required?

I would appreciate a response from anyone who might be able to help me with
this problem.

Thanks,
Steve West