Date:      Wed, 5 Feb 1997 15:09:20 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        karl@Mcs.Net (Karl Denninger)
Cc:        jkh@time.cdrom.com, karl@Mcs.Net, joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Karl fulminates, film at 11.

> Further, you folks have NOT addressed the true problem -- which is the
> entire setlocale() code turn.  That needs to be ripped out WHOLESALE
> until it can be combed through and ALL unbounded manipulation replaced.

I don't think anyone was really ever satisfied with the (non)results
of the last discussion of whether crt0.o calling setlocale() was a
bad thing or a good thing (though it was conceded by everyone that
it was a non-XPG/3 and non-XPG/4 compliant thing).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.