Date:      Mon, 24 Feb 1997 01:41:09 +0100
From:      roberto@keltia.freenix.fr (Ollivier Robert)
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Install to second hard-drive...

According to Mark Mayo:
> FWIW, I have NT on the first SCSI disk, and FreeBSD on the second - so
> there is clean separation.. I use the NT boot manager to boot FreeBSD and
> NT. Works great - just use the "standard MBR" on the FreeBSD disk (sd1),
> and copy the first 512 bytes of the disk to a file called "BOOTBSD.BIN" on
> the NT "C:" drive, and edit the BOOT.INI file to add an entry for the
> BOOTBSD.BIN file. I figured I might as well use the NT boot manager since

That's what I tried to use for a machine at work which has NT on the first
drive and FreeBSD 2.1.6 on the second. I tried what the FAQ said about the
NT loader and couldn't get it to boot FreeBSD on the second disk.

OS-BS 2.0b8 solved the problem.
--
Ollivier ROBERT    -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-    roberto@keltia.freenix.fr
  FreeBSD keltia.freenix.fr 3.0-CURRENT #39: Sun Feb  2 22:12:44 CET 1997