Date:      Tue, 11 Mar 1997 07:52:30 +0100
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: RELENG_2_2 crash

On Mon, Mar 10, 1997 at 10:53:11PM +0100, Andreas Klemm wrote:

> Since some days my machine panics when I execute "reboot".
> I run FreeBSD 2.2 GAMMA (yesterday).
> Sorry, no dump and panic message. Will compile a kernel with DDB.

PID 1100 reboot

I had trouble to get kgdb working, the vmcore file in /var/crash
wasn't recognized by kgdb for unknown reason ...

Yesterday it was too late for me to do further investigation.
Someone else with strange reboot problems ??? BTW, when being
in DDB I noticed only 4 or 5 processes in the process list.

One was mount_mfs ... could that perhaps be the culprit ... ?
Well, will look for it in the evening ...

--
andreas@klemm.gtn.com         /\/\___      Wiechers & Partner Datentechnik GmbH
   Andreas Klemm          ___/\/\/         Support Unix -- andreas.klemm@wup.de