Date:      Thu, 27 Mar 1997 00:19:29 +0100
From:      j@uriah.heep.sax.de (J Wunsch)
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SIGTERMs killing X

As Terry Lambert wrote:

> > > That would be a bus error, not an abort.
> >
> > That's Terry not understanding nor reading the Xserver sources.
>
> I don't know which X server he is running.

Terry, admit that you were just plain wrong again (and not even
looking).  At least the XFree86 server catches SIGBUS and SIGSEGV, in
an attempt to cleanup and restore the screen state, and will
eventually abort() itself.

I don't see any reason why the XiGraphics (sp?) server would do it
differently, since it also has to restore the screen mode.

--
cheers, J"org