Date:      Thu, 10 Apr 1997 07:49:33 +1000
From:      Giles Lean <giles@nemeton.com.au>
To:        peter@spinner.dialix.com (Peter Wemm)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sendmail in 2.2

On 9 Apr 1997 14:51:31 GMT  Peter Wemm wrote:

> Last time I checked, I got the impression that qmail didn't support
> uucp-style addressing.  I think there was a way of using uucp if you
> used BSMTP style encapsulation of messages rather than rmail style.

Ugh.  Why not find or write a qmail aware rmail that can strip the !
stuff from the envelope?  (I can't route to www.qmail.org to check the
contributed software ... surely someone has done this?)

Mailers that still put ! in non-envelope headers should be taken out
and shot.  If support for this level of brokenness (sorry, Dave) is
required then sendmail is a more suitable MTA than qmail.  IMHO. :)

Giles