Date:      Wed, 16 Apr 1997 14:22:46 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mail exploders...

Hi,

in the last 2 weeks or so, connectivity from my site to some other
internet sites (not all of them, though, e.g. berkeley.edu is very
well reachable, whereas cdrom.com is not!) has become pretty bad,
with losses in the order of 40% or more, and I have a strong feeling
(because I see followups but not the original messages) that many
messages of the mailing list are not delivered.

I think the freebsd lists are actually served by different mail
exploders, and the one serving me is bsd.fs.bauing.th-darmstadt.de,
which at the moment is very poorly connected (as a matter of fact,
it is even a 4-5 hops further away than freefall!).

So I am wondering how are the mail exploders chosen for a given site,
and if there is a possibility for a subscriber to select one which is
closer (networkwise) and/or better connected to his site.

	Thanks
	Luigi