Date:      Mon, 21 Apr 1997 13:43:39 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Wolfram Schneider <wosch@cs.tu-berlin.de>
To:        docs@freebsd.org
Subject:   AltaVista META tags

I tried the word 'FreeBSD' at altavista and the FreeBSD homepage
did not appeared (first 50 matches). I suggest we use
the META tag, see http://altavista.digital.com/cgi-bin/query?pg=h#meta

E.g.:

/index.html:
<META  name="description"
content="FreeBSD Inc.">

<META name="keywords" content="About FreeBSD, Getting FreeBSD, Ports
Collection, Documentation, Support, Gallery, Search, Release
Information, FreeBSD-current, FreeBSD-stable, snapshot, Application
Software, Handbook, FAQ, Tutorials, Books, Manual Pages, Mailing
lists, Newsgroups, Bugs, CVS, CVSup, Source Code, FreeBSD News,
Mirror, Commercial Vendors, homepage, CTM">

--
Wolfram Schneider    <wosch@apfel.de>    http://www.apfel.de/~wosch/