Date:      Tue, 06 May 1997 21:21:29 +0200
From:      Francis Dupont <Francis.Dupont@inria.fr>
To:        Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
Cc:        "John S. Dyson" <toor@dyson.iquest.net>, smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: maptable of SuperMicro P6DNH

 In your previous mail you wrote:

   >FreeBSD/SMP: Multiprocessor motherboard
   > cpu0 (BSP): apic id: 0, version: 0x00040011
   > io0 (APIC): apic id: 2, version: 0x00170011
   >CPU: Pentium Pro (686-class CPU)

   you appear to only have 1 CPU on this board, is that correct?
   if so I'm surprised it can run an SMP kernel at all!  we have given zip
   thought to such a thing...

=> of course I have only one CPU, my purpose is not (yet :-)
to debug the SMP kernel. I need only a large number of PCI slots
(I have 8 slots)... But the SMP kernel seems to run and mptable
gives interesting results!

Thanks

Francis.Dupont@inria.fr

PS: perhaps when SMP support will be available on many OSs
I'll buy an extra processor.