Date:      Mon, 9 Jun 1997 11:13:45 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Guido van Rooij <guido@gvr.win.tue.nl>
To:        jgreco@ns.sol.net, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   A few small requests (fwd)

I received the following from Gene Spafford about tripwire.
Could anyone assist him?
(Btw: he gave me permission to send this to you,so please ignore
the X-restrictions field)

-Guido

Date: Sat, 07 Jun 1997 18:41:40 -0500
From: spaf@cs.purdue.edu (Gene Spafford)
Sender: owner-first-teams@lists.Stanford.EDU

Hi, folks.

Here are 3 small requests about Tripwire:

1) In all documents and presentations you might make where you mention
Tripwire, could you henceforth please note that "Tripwire is a
registered trademark of the Purdue Research Foundation."  We are
required to be proactive in protecting the trademark, and you folks
are likely users.

2) Technically, any commercial use of Tripwire (e.g., use in
production systems, other than for research or education) should be
licensed by the Purdue Research Foundation.  Interested parties should
contact Douglas Curry <dscurry@sps.purdue.edu> for details.   We would
appreciate it if you would note this in your presentations --
especially as any license fees will likely come back (in part) to help
fund other tool development in COAST.

3) We will be trying to get a small maintenance release for Tripwire
released this summer.  It was planned for this month, but we have run
into some resource problems.  We will need some beta testers for
various architectures to make certain that the release compiles & runs
on some systems we don't have here.  This would include all the
various free *ixs (linux, freebsd, etc), AIX, Unicos, and anything
else other than Solaris, SunOS, HP-UX 10, and IRIX.  If you have any
such systems and would be willing to be a beta tester, please drop me
a line.

Many thanks.
--spaf

----- End of forwarded message from Gene Spafford -----