Date:      Thu, 12 Jun 1997 23:35:54 -0500
From:      Eddie White <ewhite@ms1.nwla.com>
To:        transwestern.com@aros.net
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Serial 'Y' Connector

you can.  take pins 2 and 7 from your SMDR port and connect it to pins 3 and
7 of the pc's db25 port.  if you have a db9, you'll have to look it up the
RD pin 'cause i can't remember the pinout.  on my switches (at&t),
handshaking is not needed.  this may not be true for the pc's; depends on
the software.  you have to be careful of what format your switch puts out.
for system 75 there are 5 diff formats, as i recall; all different.