Date:      Wed, 9 Jul 1997 16:47:55 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Wes Peters - Softweyr LLC <softweyr@xmission.com>
To:        nathan@senate.org (Nathan Dorfman)
Cc:        <snashik@ucs.att.com>, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Q: Printer support ?

> However you need to do some extra configuration if you are going to print
> things like PostScript. A good idea would be to install a program such
> as apsfilter:
>
> 	ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/Linux/system/printing/aps-491.tgz

Save yourself some work - install it from the FreeBSD "ports" so it
will be properly configured without your having to figure it out.
If you don't know how to install a port, check the freebsd web page:

	http://freebsd.org/ports/print.html

There are a lot of prerequisite packages for apsfilter; using the ports
system will make sure your system is correctly setup before attempting
to install apsfilter.