Date:      Fri, 11 Jul 1997 12:10:20 -0500
From:      Glenn Johnson <gjohnson@nola.srrc.usda.gov>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   installing g77

I hope that this is the appropriate list. I have a Fortran program that is
vital to my work and I would like to use g77, as this can provide better
optimization. I read the documentation for g77 and it says that gcc must be
patched. My question is, what problems might I run into when I update the
FreeBSD source and execute 'make world'? Will g77 mess up 'make world' or
vice-versa?

I looked at the g77 port but got a message that it was broken because gcc
needed to be upgraded. The gcc version in 'current' is fine but the port seems
to be set to patch gcc-2.6.3, so I am not sure how to proceed with the port.
Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
--
Glenn Johnson
USDA-ARS-SRRC