Date:      Thu, 31 Jul 1997 10:14:03 +0930 (CST)
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        perhaps@yes.no (Eivind Eklund)
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Hackers), isdn@muc.ditec.de (FreeBSD ISDN Distribution List)
Subject:   Re: ISDN drivers/cards

Eivind Eklund writes:

> If anybody would like to attempt to develop drivers for the the Tele/S
> ISDN cards, I've got some cards I'm not using.  These are European
> cards; they won't work on a standard US endpoint.  Also, they are
> fairly low-level, and need a lot of logic in the driver.
>
> Contact me for further info if you're interested.  (Yeah, I know of
> the bISDN people, but nothing seems to be happening there; besides,
> they have already got hardware, it seems.)

The thing you apparently don't know is that the bisdn stuff runs on
exactly these boards.  The real problem isn't the board, it's the
different ISDN standards in the US and in Europe.  But I appreciate
the idea.  Don't look at me, though--I live in Australia, and though I
would dearly love to run ISDN, it's too expensive here.

Greg