Date:      Wed, 27 Aug 1997 22:38:19 +10
From:      "Peter Stubbs" <peters@gil.com.au>
To:        smp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   A how does it work question.

Hi All,

I've been getting this list for ages now. It's the nearest thing to
running SMP that I have :{. I've been hoping that by reading the
posts I might understand more about how it all works. Without much
success I might add.

I've been forced to sell my soul lately by doing a couple of MS Win
NT courses ( mouths to feed etc.. ). It seems that NT runs a
seperate instance of the kernel on each CPU present to provide it's
SMP support.

Is this the way FBSD smp does it?
Is this the only way to do it?
Doesn't this mean that lots more memory would be used keeping data
for 2 kernels?

TIA
Peter

Peter Stubbs, +061-015-572-849.
Remember, you can't spell 'problems' without 'MS'.