Date:      Fri, 12 Sep 1997 08:31:12 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        mike@smith.net.au (Mike Smith)
Cc:        mike@smith.net.au, gurney_j@resnet.uoregon.edu, perhaps@yes.no, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: PnP support

Ok, also thanks to being in a different timezone I could read all
this thread before having a chance to post.

Unfortunately the only conclusion I can gather from the discussion
is that there is not complete agreement on what should be done.

As long as there is a manual override mechanism, which we already
have for legacy ISA and PnP (Terry, this is what the pnp code in
-current does), I am not concerned about what gets implemented to
automate resource allocation. If anything fails, there is a backdoor.
So I'll avoid further comments waiting for someone to volunteer
for a sample implementation :)

What I think is important to have (also to test possible solutions
etc.) is the 'extent' manager mentioned earlier in this thread.

	Cheers
	Luigi