Date:      Mon, 20 Oct 1997 14:53:52 -0600
From:      John-David Childs <jdc@nterprise.net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Need source...

Or you could buy an external Jaz-drive and SCSI PCMCIA card ;-)

When I wanted to load 2.2-stable + X on my 800meg hard drive (not a
laptop), I partitioned my h.d. into a 100-meg 95 partition where
C:\WINDOWS sits and used the rest for FreeBSD. Win95 apps run from E:

Unfortunately, I was stupid (and cheap) and purchased an Adaptec-2920
before I ran outta money..so I can't use my Jaz drive with
2.2-stable/2.2.5 until the PAO stuff (and maybe the "hack" posted here a
few months ago) is updated.
--

John-David Childs (JC612)	Enterprise Internet Solutions
Systems Administration          @denver.net/internet-coach/@ronan.net

On Friday October 17, 1997, Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
 had this to say about "Re: Need source...":

> > : And the problem is?  I've got 3 OS's on my 800MB drive, Win95,
> > : FreeBSD-2.1 (stable non-changing unix environment), and FreeBSD-current
> > : (development environ with OS sources on it that is *very* tight on disk
> > : space.)  I had to double-space the Win95 partition to get it to work,
> > : but it does.  Unfortunately, I wasn't able to squeeze X onto the FreeBSD
> > : installations due to disk space.
> >
> > But I want X :-).  It sounds like I can get most of what I want under
> > FreeBSD, however.  -current has been stable enough for me for a long
> > time, so I may just run that.
>
> Then you probably have enough room for X.  The double-space under Win95
> was the biggest factor in me being able to get both on the 800MB.  (That
> and the fact that I don't do a whole lot under '95).

[SNIP]