Date:      Sun, 2 Nov 1997 12:48:59 +0100 (MET)
From:      Guido van Rooij <guido@gvr.org>
To:        nate@mt.sri.com (Nate Williams)
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: card removal problems

Nate Williams wrote:
> > Just like with the PAO release I experience problems when removing a
> > card from a slot. Sometimes this results in a total lockup of the
> > system, while it keeps beeping.
>
> There is a race where it's possible that the driver in in use when you
> remove it that is un-avoidable.  But, this seems to happen pretty
> rarely.

Actually, it seems that it almost always locks up for me once a driver
has ben allocated. I inserted that modem card I was talking about
after applying my patch (so pcic would use not irq 3). It was not being
used but still the machine locked up.
I am now going to implement the power patches to see if that would
solve my problem.

-Guido