Date:      Mon, 24 Nov 1997 07:05:43 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Stan Brown" <stanb@awod.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.com (Free BSD Questions list)
Subject:   Help with ccd setup (partition Bad magic) PLEAS

	I have been fighting this all weekend, and am about reay to give up.
	This would be the first time I was unable to get FreeBSD to do
	something that I think it is suposed to do.

	I am trying to get 3 SCSII disks added as one logical filesystem using
	the ccd driver. I have added the device to my kernel, and recompiled.
	Done a MAKDEV ccd0, Did a disklabel -r -w auto on the 3 disks. Done a
	disklable -e on the c partation of the disks to change them to type
	4.2BSD. Now when I try to do a ccdconfigure, I get an error message
	about a bad magic number in the primary partitons on the 3 disks.

	I have looked ate the FAQ, the handbooks, and searched the mailing list
	archives on this all to no avail. Could someone who has done this give
	me a little guidace, please.

--
Stan Brown     stanb@netcom.com                                    770-996-6955
Factory Automation Systems