Date:      Wed, 26 Nov 1997 16:30:33 -0500
From:      "Larry S. Marso" <lsmarso@panix.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   staroffice 4.0

The StarDivision home page www.stardivision.com is making hay of a
strategic partnership with sun ... the terms of which include installation
of Star Office 4.0 for Unix/Solaris on each Sparc Workstation sold as of
mid-November 1997.

Say what?  I thought we were at Beta 3.1 for linux, and Beta 4.0 for Win
and OS/2?

If you read the whole release, it sounds like there is a commercially
available 4.0 available for *multiple* unix platforms RIGHT NOW.

>From my OS/2 days a few years ago, I recall it was like pulling teeth (and
learning a foreign language) to get any info our of StarDivision.  But
maybe someone on this list can get information from Sun?
--
Larry S. Marso
lsmarso@panix.com