Date:      Sat, 6 Dec 1997 08:07:42 +0100 (MET)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        mark@vmunix.com (Mark Mayo)
Cc:        gozer@ludd.luth.se, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 128 PCI buses...

> > > Also, for the new sound code, do you just need a line like this in
> > > the kernel config:

next time put some indication to audio in the subject line -- it is
just by chance that I came across this message.

> > > device pcm0 at isa? port? tty irq 7 drq 1 flags 0x0 vector pcmintr
> > >
> > > I have an old SB-16 "classic" - i.e. not plug and play..

the SB16 needs two DMA channel, should change the above line with
"flags 0x15" to specify channel 5 as the 16-bit DMA channel.

> Unfortunately, it wouldn't work - I'd get sound, but not exactly
> what you'd call pleasant sound! Lot's a screaching, static, hissing..
> great techno garble, but quite unpleasant otherwise :-)

If it is really an SB16 the secondary DMA channel should fix things.
Other than that, if you are happy with the guspnp driver there is no
reason you should change :)

	Cheers
	Luigi