Date:      Sun, 7 Dec 1997 21:48:05 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        karl@mcs.net (Karl Denninger)
Cc:        tlambert@primenet.com, current@FreeBSD.ORG, Jim.Zelenka@cs.cmu.edu
Subject:   Re: Diffs to support RAIDframe on FreeBSD

> Does anyone want to turn this into a port?
>
> It appears that this, along with baseline support for the AAA-130 series
> Adaptec controllers, gives us instant RAID on FreeBSD.
>
> That is, if it actually works.

Please wait for them to incorporate the changes so there is no patching
necessary for FreeBSD.  That's why I put the CMU people on the "To:"
line of the patches.

Note that the use of Imake (the correct way to do cross-platform
configuration... die, configure, die!) semi-requires X11 because
of the incorrect way we install Imake from the X11 distribution
instead of it being a standard system component.

A port *might* want to make the FreeBSD Makefiles.  Note that if
it did this, it would need to "touch" them to make sure they were
not recreated (with no tool to do it) from the Imakefiles.  The
touch would need to occur on each "install".

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.