Date:      Tue, 6 Jan 1998 16:04:29 -0800
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>, Jim King <jim.king@mail.sstar.com>, freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Alpha port..

Warner Losh scribbled this message on Jan 6:
> In message <707.884107542@time.cdrom.com> "Jordan K. Hubbard" writes:
> : And I'm sure you're not alone in wanting to see that happen.  The
> : question here seems more to be one of who we're going to line up to
> : actually *do* that. :)
>
> There is plenty of work that needs to be done too :-).
>
> I had a start at making FreeBSD cross compile under DUX, but gave up
> because too many tools required bsd things to compile.  I'll have to
> give it another try under some BSD.

hmmm...  I think I still have the url/address of a person who got the
bsd tools (pmake and bsd's stdio) ported to SunOS and a few other
platforms...  I think he got it working on Digital Unix, though I'm not
sure...  I can dig up the address, but this was last school year, and
I'm not sure if his address is still around... I still have the utils
for SunOS though I don't think they will be much use to you...

ttyl..

--
  John-Mark Gurney                          Modem/FAX: +1 541 683 6954
  Cu Networking					  P.O. Box 5693, 97405

  Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD