Date:      Sun, 11 Jan 1998 23:55:49 -0800
From:      John-Mark Gurney <gurney_j@efn.org>
To:        Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
Cc:        Julian Elischer <julian@whistle.com>, =?iso-8859-1?Q?I=F1aky_P=E9rez_Gonz=E1lez?= <inaky@peloncho.fis.ucm.es>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Subject:   Re: Development of a UNIX-wide USB standard API

Mike Smith scribbled this message on Jan 12:
> > BTW I've redirected this to 'hackers@freebsd.org
> > as that's where development occurs (and in 'current')
>
> Thanks Julian; we've been looking for something like this for a while
> now.  8)
>
> > On Sat, 10 Jan 1998, [ISO-8859-1] Iñaky Pérez González wrote:
>
> > >         I'm the developer of the Linux USB Driver Stack. I wanted to
> > > let you know there's some interest at the USB Implementors Forum in
> > > the creation of a UNIX-wide USB API standard, and we'd like all
> > > flavours of Unix to attend.
>
> At the moment, I don't believe there's anyone in the FreeBSD camp
> active on USB.  Having said that, I'm sure that there are more than a
> few people that would be *very* interested in seeing USB happen in a
> standardised fashion.  Whether any of us would be able to attend USB
> forum meetings is perhaps a different matter.  8(

actually, Doug White was thinking about doing some work on USB, but
I'm not sure if he's actually started anything or not...

--
  John-Mark Gurney                          Modem/FAX: +1 541 683 6954
  Cu Networking					  P.O. Box 5693, 97405

  Live in Peace, destroy Micro$oft, support free software, run FreeBSD