Date:      Mon, 12 Jan 1998 14:33:07 +0100 (CET)
From:      Michael Elbel <mwe@consol.de>
To:        hjh@best.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xemacs-20.3 and libcompface

In lists.freebsd.questions you write:

>The newest xemacs-20.3 package on 2.2.5 looks for libcompface.so.1.0
>which, to the best of my knowlege, is not asked by xemacs-20.2 (according
>to ldd).  I just did "setenv LD_IGNORE_MISSING_OBJECTS foo" as a kludge.
>I have never deleted any library so I am left to wonder: Is libcompface
>usually installed on 2.2.5?  I couldn't find it anywhere.  (I grabbed it
>after reading the xemacs faq, tho.)  I am afraid I am missing something
>very obvioius...

No, you weren't missing anything obvious. I simply oversaw that xemacs'
configure will include support for faces if it finds libcompface	.
When Satoshi built the package, libcompface got included, although it
isn't listed in the port dependencies (and shouldn't IMO).

For now you can either rebuild the port from sources or install the
mail/faces package.

Michael

--
\|/