Date:      Wed, 21 Jan 1998 16:33:04 +1030
From:      Mike Smith <mike@smith.net.au>
To:        "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: -current kernel mangulations

(Should probably have gone to -emulation)

> I had trouble with -current, ie ps and top don't work (proc size mismatch), and
> neither did quake :(

The first two are expected, the latter not a recognised complaint.

> so I went back to December the 10th, 97, that fixed ps and top, but quake is
> still broken,
> I ran the linux emulator in debug mode and found that is was hanging on select
> on fd=5.
> I tried running it with '-nosound -nocdaudio', but the same problem arose.

It would, naturally, be very useful to know what is on fd 5.  Could you
try running it under ktrace, and use the linux_kdump in the ports
collection to work out what it's opening.

It *sounds* like this may be a select->poll change problem.

> Daniel O'Connor
> 3rd Year Computer Science at Flinders University
> http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/7200

You need a new .sig.  8)

\\  end it's only with yourself.  \\