Date:      Thu, 12 Feb 1998 12:55:58 +0100 (MEZ)
From:      Marko Schuetz <marko@king.ki.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de>
To:        iain@sandon.on.ca
Cc:        John Goerzen <jgoerzen@alexanderwohl.complete.org>, Marko Schuetz <marko@kinetic.ki.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de>, FreeBSD Mobile <freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   PCMCIA - The Battle Continues ...

>>>>> "Iain" == Iain Campbell <iain@sandon.on.ca> writes:

Iain> John, Marko and others:
Iain> Well, I'm not there yet, but I'm not down either ....

Iain> I've played with different kernels and different pccard.config's and Im
Iain> still
Iain> not able to get either of my PCMCIA cards to work.  Im attaching a copy
Iain> of my
Iain> latest kernel build file, /var/log/messages output and pccard.conf.  Can
Iain> anyone
Iain> tell me what I'm missing ??!!

Iain> I'm also trying to get my TouchPad working in XFree86.  I think I should
Iain> be
Iain> using the psm0 device (my machine is a Hitachi VisionBook Plus  with a
Iain> Synaptics TouchPad
Iain> which in Windoze appears as a PS/2 mouse port device).  As you can se
Iain> from the
Iain> kernel build file, I've got psm0 in the kernel, but she don't work ;-(

Iain> Any suggestions??

Iain> tia

Iain> iain

At 'boot:' prompt input '-c' then say 'visual'. Is the ed0 driver
among the enabled drivers? If so disable it. I had to do this to make
it work on 2.2.1+PAO. Or have you already tried this?

Marko