Date:      Thu, 05 Mar 1998 17:40:19 -0700
From:      Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
To:        mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   APM 1.2 support

OK.  I have finally printed the APM 1.2 standard.  I am surprised to
discover that my desktop supports suspend/resume!!!

What would people like to see supportedt hat is in 1.2?  I have plans
for the following:
	1) Number of battery query support
	2) Bits that describe what the APM can do: can it suspend?
	   Can it resume?  Can it resume after a timeout?  Can it
	   resume on RI?
	3) The ability to suspend with an optional argument that
	   causes a resume to happen after a period of time.
	4) The ability to suspend after a period of idle time if the
	   power is available (three guesses at the make of computers
	   this is for :-).
	5) The ability to resume on RI.
	6) The ability to turn off the display.
	7) The ability to hook into timer based requests from the APM
	   BIOS.
	8) support for drive spin down?

I have support for #1 and #2 which map to the 0x10 "Get Capabilities"
call.  I need to clean up the output of the apm command, but it looks
like it works.

Comments?

Warner