Date:      Tue, 17 Mar 1998 02:03:44 -0500 (EST)
From:      "John S. Dyson" <dyson@FreeBSD.ORG>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Disk munging problem with current solved

I haven't read any emails or complaints yet about filesystem problems,
but I know that those who have tried to run -current in the last day or
so have had terrible problems.  The problems didn't manifest for me until
too late, and I ended up with hosed filesystems.  The problems were caused
by vtruncbuf doing bad things, and I have corrected them as quickly as
possible.  My machine has been down due to the creeping crud associated
with the flaw in the routine.

Things are looking much better now (for me at least), and I have committed
the fix.