Date:      Sat, 28 Mar 1998 16:40:39 +1100
From:      Sue Blake <sue@welearn.com.au>
To:        Ben Ostrowsky <sylvar@afn.org>
Cc:        freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Rant: What are we?

On Sat, Mar 28, 1998 at 12:04:05AM -0500, Ben Ostrowsky wrote:

> Bravo, and well said.  You've just explained why we newbies should be
> doing what they want to do without interference, which includes asking
> and answering newbie-type questions, and chatting about list policy.

I think you overlooked that the definition is based on activities, not
social division, and that no two lists are to duplicate an activity as far
as possible.

I have never refused to discuss list policy with newbies, but I've always
resisted the influences of non-newbies and will continue to do so.
Please be clear that you're tying two things together here: newbies
questions, and the purpose of this list. They are not necessarily related.
Your concern seems more centred around getting technical support, am I
right?

You seem to be saying you would like to see a place where technical
questions could be asked and answered, but only ever the questions of
newbies? Is that your way of saying you have some problem with posting to
freebsd-questions? Because if it is, we should address that here as a
problem faced by a newbie. Please tell us about it.

--

Regards,
        -*Sue*-

find / -name "*.conf" |more