Date:      Mon, 13 Apr 1998 22:19:13 +0100 (IST)
From:      rotel@indigo.ie
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   bin/6291: Missing link from mkdtemp.3.gz to mktemp.3.gz

>Number:         6291
>Category:       bin
>Synopsis:       Missing link from mkdtemp.3.gz to mktemp.3.gz
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
>Release:        FreeBSD 2.2.6-STABLE i386
>Environment:

libc 3.1 has the mkdtemp(3) function, and the man page mktemp(3)
documents it but there is no link from mkdtemp.3.gz to mktemp.3.gz
so "man mkdtemp" fails.

Also, could whoever fixes this please bring in mktemp(1) from
OpenBSD? It compiles 'out of the box' so this isn't too much trouble,
especially for a security related tool, I hope. :)  (and please
make sure to get the latest revision, 1.9, of mkdtemp.1, thanks)

>How-To-Repeat:

man mkdtemp

>Fix:

ln mktemp.3.gz mkdtemp.3.gz