Date:      Tue, 21 Apr 1998 08:34:40 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Alex Nash <nash@mcs.net>
To:        hasty@rah.star-gate.com
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Bt848: no IRQ

On 20 Apr, Amancio Hasty wrote:
> Vic does not support audio .

Naturally this dawned on me 10 minutes after I hit send :)

> With fxtv you should be able to choose your video format. Just click on Format
> and chose NTSC.

I've got video + audio in fxtv running now with the same bktr_intr
modifications Luigi made (i.e. ignoring BT848_INT_FBUS/FTRGT/FDSR/PPERR
and ((bt848->tdec == 0) && (bktr_status & TDEC_BITS))).  Bringing back
any one of these conditions prevents me from seeing any video at all.

It's still not right though, many horizontal streaks appear throughout
the image and a vertical stripe of the image (approx. 1/3 of the
screen size) is severely distorted.  Changing the fxtv window size
increases the overall image distortion dramatically.

I assume this means the tuner settings (band-switch values?) aren't
quite right.  Would you care to give a quick overview on how to
determine the tuner settings using tuner.c on your web page?

Thanks.

Alex